Check out the schedule of Fall 2019 Technology workshops at http://www.plu.edu/itech/workshops/ along with full workshop descriptions and registration information. Workshops include a diversity of topics, including:
- What's New in Sakai?
- Easy Video Editing with iMovie
- Intermediate Excel
- Tips for Taming Your Gmail Inbox
- Instructional Videos with the Lightboard
- Trello Basics: Managing Tasks & Projects
- Adding Interactivity to Videos with Edpuzzle
- Easy Steps for Making Your Course Content Accessible
- Creating Posters & Flyers with InDesign
- Web Conferencing with Zoom
- The Growing Importance of Cybersecurity
- Podcasting with Audacity
Need a technology workshop for your class to support an assignment? Or is your department interested in learning more about a particular software or hardware? Instructional Technologies staff develop customized workshops to meet your pedagogical and technological goals. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our best to meet your specific needs.
New Online Cybersecurity Awareness TrainingThe Cybersecurity Awareness Training curriculum is intended to provide PLU Employees with the skills needed to be compliant with overall security awareness standards. Ten short, interactive video modules portray realistic, memorable scenarios that are transferable to everyday tasks. By completing the ten core training modules, learners "build their shield" to protect themselves, their families, and PLU. This optional online training includes the following recommended topics.
- You are the Shield
- Social Engineering
- Email, Phishing, and Messaging
- Browsing Safely
- Social Networks
- Mobile Device Security
- Data Security